In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Hartland Historical Society

The Park House, Hartland, ca. 1955

Contributed by Hartland Historical Society
MMN Item 76635 Item Details
The Park House, Hartland, ca. 1955
MMN Item 76635 Zoom


A popular 19th and early-20th century inn, the Park House stood in the center of Hartland, along Park Street, until it was demolished in the mid-1990s.

This photo of the multi-story building and barn was taken a few years before it was purchased, in 1959, by John Plummer and a business partner. Plummer ran a hardware store called "The Emporium" at the far end of the building, and later opened a coffee shop in the building's middle section. He and his family lived on the second floor.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.