In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Hartland Historical Society

East side of the Park House, Hartland, ca. 1955

Contributed by Hartland Historical Society
MMN Item 76636 Item Details
East side of the Park House, Hartland, ca. 1955
MMN Item 76636 Zoom

Description

The Park House stood in the center of Hartland, along Park Street, until it was demolished in the mid-1990s. It served as a popular inn from the late 1800s into the early part of the 20th century.

This photo of the multi-story building and barn was taken a few years before it was purchased, in 1959, by John Plummer and a business partner. Plummer ran a hardware store called "The Emporium" at this end of the building. He and his family lived on the second floor.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.