In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Hartland Historical Society

Scott-Webb Memorial Hospital nursing staff, Hartland, 1956

Contributed by Hartland Historical Society
MMN Item 77105 Item Details
Scott-Webb Memorial Hospital nursing staff, Hartland, 1956
MMN Item 77105 Zoom

Description

Scott-Webb nursing staff meeting June 9, 1956. Pictured from left in the first row are Grace Webber, Ida Briggs, Emily Spear, Madeline Ball, Arlene St. Peter, Eunice Harper, Bessie Nickse, and Lucille Hanson.

Pictured from left in the second row are Grace Marble, Bessie Field, Erline Humphrey, Annie Adams, Evelyn Nichols, Thelma Brooks, Rhoda Nelson, Ruth Tibbetts, Irma Stedman, Ada Randlett, and Norma Temple.

Lastly, pictured from left in the third row are Phyllis Woodman, Glenice Hanson, Marilyn Merrow, Augusta Hayden and Ellen Kelley.

The hospital, established in 1932, was a gift from Mrs. Eva Webb Scott, the granddaughter of James Moor. James Moor was the first settler in Hartland. The hospital began with six patient rooms and expanded during the 38 years it was in operation to include two new wings. At its peak, the hospital provided a 45 bed health care resource to the community.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.